Before you arrive
Welcome to Adelphi Global MBA!
We are excited to welcome you to our beautiful Manhattan Center. There is a lot to consider and to do before you arrive. Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but we are here to help you through every step of the process. Follow the steps below to make sure you have everything in place before you board the plane.
Contact Your Advisor
We have a team of dedicated personal advisors whose job it is to make sure all your questions are answered and to ensure you have a smooth transition to the university.
Before you start on any of the steps below, contact your local personal advisor.
Simply select your region of the world below, and send your advisor an email, Skype, WhatsApp or WeChat message. We look forward to meeting you very soon!
Your Pre-Arrival Checklist
After you receive the electronic copy of your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the U.S. Embassy and can sometimes take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your Visa Application.
- Pay your I-90 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive, and the documentation you need to take with you.
- Notify your enrollment advisor of the date and embassy of your visa appointment.
- Watch these videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
When purchasing your ticket to New York City, plan to arrive on or before your scheduled move-in day. Once you book your flight, visit globalmba.adelphi.edu/flight/ to enter your flight itinerary and confirm your free airport pickup. These important details will help the campus team prepare for your arrival and make your big day go as smoothly as possible.
Making your payment in full two weeks before you arrive will help avoid delays with enrollment. Before you begin, please make sure you have your offer letter in front of you, as you will need to refer to the information in the letter.
Choose between two ways to submit payment for tuition and fees:
Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit Adelphi MBA Manhattan Flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you can not use a U.S. credit card or U.S. bank account.
Wire Transfer: Find the wire transfer information on your offer letter. When making the transaction, be sure to include the student’s name and birthday.